Shipping Note: This item usually arrives at your doorstep in 10-15 days
Author: P H Kulkarni
Publisher: Sri Satguru Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8170306671
Study of Ayurveda is eternal. One can try to understand Ayurveda in one’s life. It seems very difficult. Hence it is beneficial to study Ayurveda everyday, every life.
In this book salient features about various aspects of Ayurvedic concept of Soundarya (Beauty/cosmetology) have been considered as described in Ayurvedic Treaties and recent research references are given for benefit of interested persons.
Be Ayurveda help every body to be happy!
Ayurveda, is composed of two words viz Ayu and Veda. Ayu means life and Veda denotes to the science. Ayu is defined as a combination of Sharira (body), Indriya (senses), Satva (mind) and Atma (spirit). Body without senses, mind and spirit is dead and it is not Ayu.
Ayurveda has mainly three aims viz first to preserve the health, second to promote the health of the healthy persons and third to cure the disease of the patient. It fulfils these aims through 8 Branches viz Kayachikitsa (medicine), Shalya Tantra (surgery), Shalakya Tantra (otorhinolaryngology and opththalmology), Kaumara Bhrtya (paediatric and obstetric), Rasayanas (Rejuvination) Vajikarana, (Revitalization) Agada Tantra (toxicology) and Bhuta Vidya. Out of these generally Rasayana and Vajikarana including Svasthavrutta deal with the preservation and promotion of the health of he healthy persons and the remaining branches deal with the diseased person.
1. Basic principles of Ayurveda.
2. Swasthavritta (healthy life style).
3. Skin and skin care in Ayurveda.
4. Ayurveda Soundarya.
6. Beauty in Ayurveda.
7. Diet and discipline in skin care and cure.
8. Skin cure and care a panchabhautic approach.
9. About care of complexion.
10. Skin care.
11. Medicinal herbs for skin care and cure.
12. Ayurveda products indicated for skin care (skin diseases).
13. Traditional products useful in skin problems.
14. Some common skin disorders and their treatment.
15. Abstracts of research papers.
16. Research references.
19. Herbal formulations