Shipping Note: This item usually arrives at your doorstep in 10-15 days
Author: David Frawley
Publisher: Motilal Banarsidass
ISBN/UPC (if available): 81-208-0957-2
Ayurvedic Healing presents the Ayurvedic treatment of common diseases, covering over eighty different ailments from the common cold to cancer. It provides a full range of treatment methods including diet, herbs, oils, gems, mantra and meditation. The book also shows the appropriate life-style practices and daily health considerations for your unique mind-body type both as an aid to disease treatment and for disease prevention.
This extraordinary book is a complete manual of Ayurvedic health care that offers the wisdom of this ancient system of mind-body medicine to the modern reader relative to our special health concerns today. The present edition is a revised and expanded version of the original 1989 edition, covering additional diseases and adding new treatments.
Ayurvedic Healing is oriented towards the practical treatment of disease. It is intended to serve as a handbook of Ayurvedic therapy, mainly on an herbal level. But it also explains relevant dietary, life-style and yogic methods to enhance herbal therapy, including the use of oils, aromas, colors, gems and mantras. In this way it outlines a complete and internal Ayurvedic approach to health and Wellness.
Dr Frawley has emphasized the essence of Ayurveda in each of these chapters without in any way trying to modernize the knowledge or give explanation to satisfy a Western-educated intellect. The approach to understanding Ayurvedic healing and therapy by herbs has to be holistic, realizing that humans, other living beings, the earth and the universe are all interdependent parts of an integrated whole, This (book) can also be of great use as text-book for the Schools of Ayurveda and kept in the libraries of all medical colleges and pharmacology departments for ready referral.
-The Mountain Path, June, 1991
Dr B Ramamurthi
David Frawley is among the leading Ayurvedic experts in the Western world. He has immeasurably contributed to our awareness of the value of Ayurveda. Ayurvedic Healing with be a classic.
Ayurvedic Healing provides a practical how-to-do-it approach rather than another theoretical treatise. Both the general public as well as professional practitioners will welcome this book.
FOREWORD BY DR B L VASHTA
INTRODUCTION BY DR SCOTT GERSON
PART I. RIGHT LIVING THROUGH AYURVEDA
1. The Three Doshas: The Dynamics Of The Life-Force
2. The Six Tastes: The Energetics Of Healing Substances
3. Constitutional Examination: How To Determine Your Unique Mind-Body Type
4. Examination Of Disease: The Patterns Of Imbalance
5. Ayurvedic Life-Regimens: Balancing The Doshas
6. Ayurvedic Diet: Personalizing Your Dietary Regimen
7. Ayurvedic Therapies/The Methods Of Reintegration
Tonification And Rejuvenation
8. Ayurvedic Therapies/The Methods Of Reintegration
Detoxification And Pancha Karma
PART II. THE AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF DISEASE
1. Diseases Of The Digestive System
2. Diseases Of The Large Intestine
3. Disorders Of The Respiratory System
4. Circulatory System Disorders
5. Diseases Of The Urinary Tract And Water Metabolism Disorders
6. Reproductive System Disorders
7. Miscellaneous Conditions
8. Care Of Children And The Elderly
9. Nervous System Disorders
10. Ayurvedic Psychology: Mental And Emotional Disorders
11. Treating The Life-Force /Pranic Healing
PART III. AYURVEDIC REMEDIAL MEASURES
1. Herb Usage
2. Classical Ayurvedic Formulas
3. Modern Ayurvedic Formulas
4. Oils, Aroma Therapy And Incense
5. Spiritual Remedial Measures, Gem Therapy And Mantra
PART IV. APPENDICES
1. Sanskrit Terms
2. Glossary of Herbs