Shipping Note: This item usually arrives at your doorstep in 10-15 days
Author: Sage Bhrigu
Translator(s)/ Editors(s): G S Kapoor
Publisher: Ranjan Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8188230596
This book includes the original Sanskrit slokas, translated & with commentary. Further commentary is provided by Brihat Jatak, Phaladeepika, Saravali, Chamatkar Chintamani. For its limited scope, this is a very nice book.
Bhrigu Sutras is the English translation of the book Bhrigu Sutram said to have been written by Maharishi’ Bhrigu himself. It is a forgotten but a very valuable ancient classic of Hindu Predictive Astrology in which are described effects of the various planets in the twelve houses of the horoscope, in a very simple, direct, lucid, logical and meaningful manner.
The learned author of this small but very useful work has delineated the effects of the planets in the various houses in accordance with their signi?cations and keeping in view the astrological nature, characteristics and functions of the planets, the aspects they receive, their conjunction with bene?c or male?c planets and the fact whether they occupy their house of debilitation or exaltation, their own or enemy house and how the lord of the house under examination is disposed.
The book gives very valuable hints on how to ?nd the character of a native, his moral inclination, his fortunes and misfortunes in various walks of life. It also provides useful indications with regard to longevity and prosperity of the native, his parents, brothers and children.
A study of the book will convince any amateur or professional astrologer that it can enable him to predict with accuracy the future of the native and to form an opinion as to how a planet is disposed in a particular nativity.
To make the book more useful and instructive, exhaustive comments have been added to explain the meaning, intention, logic and relevance of the various Sutras. Comments are based on sound and recognized principles of Hindu Astrology.
In part I of the book are also given in sufficient detail the astrological nature, in?uence, characteristics and functions of all the planets and also the signi?cations of the twelve houses. This information is intended to make the book self sufficient and to enable the reader to comprehend the effects of the planets in various houses more easily. The comparative views expressed in this respect are from ‘highly respected and acclaimed classical texts like Brihat Jatak, Phaldeepika, Saravali and Chamatkar Chintamani. Whenever. Necessary, relevant quotations from other classical texts like Jataka Desmarga, Uttarakalamrita and Bhavarth Ratnakar have also been given.
In almost all the chapters of the book, the author has indicated occurrence of certain important events in the native’s life at speci?ed ages. This is a matter for veri?cation by practical experience.
PART 1: SIGNIFICATIONS OF THE PLANETS & HOUSES:
1. Zodiac & the 12 signs, astrological nature, influence, characteristics, functions of Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu & Ketu. Their signs of exaltation & debilitation; their own signs; their friends, enemies & neutrals.
2. The significations of the 12 houses of the horoscope. The 12 houses termed as: Tanu, Dhana, Sahaja, Sukha, Suta, Ripu, Jaya, Ayu, Dharma, Karma, Labha & Vyaya, according to their significance.
PART 2: BHRIGU SUTRAM:
1. Effects of Sun in the 12 houses. Dispositions when Sun in spite of being a malefic gives very beneficial results & gives rise to Raja yoga. Difference of effects when Sun is in own sign, sign of exaltation, enemy sign, etc.
2. Effects of Moon in the 12 houses. Difference in effects of Moon when posited in a house in different signs; difference of effects of a waning & waxing Moon; dispositions when Moon produces Rajayoga, difference in effects when Moon is in own sign, sign of exaltation, sign of debilitation, etc.
3. Effects of Mars in the 12 houses. How a great malefic like Mars becomes a yogakaraka. Difference in effects of Mars in different houses when in own sign, sign of exaltation, sign of debilitation, etc. Dispositions when Mars produces Ruchaka yoga, Dhana yoga & Raja yoga & their results. Special yogas for sexual perversions.
4. Effects of Mercury in the 12 houses. When a benefic Mercury can become a malefic. Difference in effects of Mercury in different houses when in own sign, sign of exaltation, debilitation, etc. Dispositions when Mercury produces Bhadra yoga, Amla yoga, Dhana yoga & Raja yoga & their results.
5. Effects of Jupiter in the 12 houses. Difference in effects of Jupiter in own sign, sign of exaltation, sign of debilitation, etc. Dispositions when Jupiter produces Hamsa yoga, Amla yoga, Dhana yoga, Raja yoga & their results. When lords of 6th, 8th & 12th houses become yoga karaka planets. Jupiter good even when is lord of 3rd & 12th houses.
6. Effects of Venus in the 12 houses. Difference in effects of Venus in own sign, sign of exaltation, sign of debilitation, etc. Dispositions when Venus produces Malavya yoga, Amla yoga, Dhana yoga & Raja yoga & their results. Venus gives yoga effects when posited in the 6th & 12th houses.
7. Effects of Saturn in the 12 houses. When a great malefic like Saturn gives very beneficial results & functions as yoga karaka planet. Saturn gives long life when posited in the 8th house. Effects of Saturn in own sign, sign of exaltation, sign of debilitation, etc. Dispositions when Saturn produces Sasa yoga, Dhana yoga & Raja yoga & their results.
8. Effects of Rahu & Ketu in the 12 houses. Controversy about the roles of Rahu & Ketu in a horoscope & different views in that regard.