Author: Swami Tathagatananda
Publisher: Vedanta Society
ISBN/UPC (if available): 9780960310449
Shri Ramakrishna, a great scientist in the domain of religion practiced all the disciplines of Hinduism. Like a scientist, he made experiments with religion and found that religious truth is verifiable.
He also practiced the disciplines of Islam and Christianity and through them, found the different faces of the same God. His amazing singleness of mind, sincerity of purpose, and passionate love for the divine demolished all the superficial obstacles of dogmas, creeds and beliefs. He taught: “As many minds, so many paths to the ultimate Reality.”
Romain Rolland wrote of Shri Ramakrishna. “The Man whose image I here invoke was the consummation of two thousand years of the spiritual life of three hundred million people.” Ramakrishna’s life encompassed everything and rejected nothing. Theists, agnostics and atheists had full access to his loving embrace. His life was the meeting ground of all religions, paths and sects.
In his comprehensive scheme of life, everyone can find something to inspire him or her to lead the spiritual life. He worshipped God as Divine Mother, accepted a women as his teacher and made his wife his first student. Again, he was never dogmatic and never claimed any superiority for himself.
The Hindu doctrines of unity in variety, respect for other religions, and the central importance of mystical experience can be immensely helpful to others. Shri Ramakrishna’s personal experience of the unity of the Godhead did help many followers of different faiths, including Hindus themselves, to have a deep and abiding faith in God.
"That nectar which has been obtained by Churning the infinite ocean of the Vedas, into which Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, and the other gods have poured their strength, which is carged with the life - essence of the Avataras -- Gods incarnate on earth."
--- Shri Ramakrishna holds that nectar in his person, in its fullest measure !
BACK THE BOOK:
To the Paramahamsa Ramakrishna Deva
"Diverse Courses of worship from varied springs of fulfilment have mingled in your meditation. The manifold revelation of the joy of the infinite has given form to a shrine of unity in your life where from far and near arrive salutations to which I join my own."
--- Rabindranath Tagore
1. Shri Ramakrishna on Himself
2. Swami Vivekananda – “What I learned from my Master”
3. Some Remarks of Swamiji on Shri Ramakrishna
4. Shri Ramakrishna and his Mother Kali
5. The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
6. The Impact of The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
7. Shri Ramakrishna and the Common Person
8. A Brief Profile of Holy Mother
9. The Motherhood of God
10. Mother’s Play – Holy Mother, An Instance of her Grace
11. The Loving Aspect of Holy Mother
12. Swamiji’s Devotion to his Mother Bhuvaneshwari Devi
13. Swami Vivekananda’s Concern for the Common Humanity
14. The Baranagore Math
15. Dhan Gopal Mukerji and The Face of Silence
16. Bhisma, a Model of Heroism
17. Mahatma Gandhi’s Influence on an Obscure Farm Worker
18. The Gopal Village and Vedanta
19. Vedanta and Christianity
20. Indian Culture, Its Heights and Lights