Author: David Breashears
ISBN/UPC (if available): 0143028324
An enthralling account, this book is remarkable on a number of levels, and .unfolds an enduring passion for Everest and other unforgiving places.
For generations of adventurers, from Mallory to Hillary, Norgay to Krakaver, Mount Everest and the world's greatest peaks have provided the ultimate testing ground. But as the public's fascination with mountaineering reaches an all-time high, the question remains - why climb? In this memoir, legendary rock climber, mountaineer and film-maker, David Breashears, answers with a captivating and intimate look at his life.
An enthralling account - this book is remarkable on a number of levels. For the long winter nights this is an inspiring account and a worthy addition to any bookshelf.
- The Great Outdoors
A series of fascinating decisions and judgments . . A finely honed book.
- Yorkshire Post
Breashears has led a remarkable life and his professionalism, integrity and bravery emerge throughout this account.
1. Fundamental Principles of Ayurveda
2. Principles of Ayurvedic Treatment
3. ‘Dinacharya’: The Regimen During Daytime
4. Fevers: Influenza; Measles; Mumps; Filaria
5. Diseases of Respiratory System: Bronchial Asthma; Bronchitis;
Hemoptysis; Hiccups; Pleurisy; Tuberculosis.
6. Diseases of Sikh and Hair: Baldness; Eczema; Greying of Hair;
Leucoderma; Prickly Heat; Psoriasis; Ring Worm; Scabies; Urticaria.
7. Diseases of Blood and Cardio-Vascular System: Anaemia; Heart
Disease; High Blood Pressure; Jaundice; Oedema; Scurvy.
8. Diseases of Eye: Cataract; Myopia; Stye
9. Diseases of Genital Organs: Female Sterility; Leucorrhea; Male
Sterility; Menorrhagia; Painful Menstruation.
10. Psychic Diseases and Diseases of Nervous System: Cramps; Epilepsy,
Facial Paralysis; Loss of Memory; Hysteria; Schizophrenia; Sciatica;
11. Diseases of Digestive System: Amoebic Dysentery, Cirrhosis of the
Liver; Colic Pain, Duodenal Ulcer; Flatulence; Gastritis; Hematemesis;
Indigestion; Infantile Diarrhoea; Piles; Sprue Syndrome; Thirst;
Vomiting; Intestinal Worms; Chronic Constipation.
12. Metabolic, Glandular and Joint Diseases: Cervical Spondylosis;
Diabetes; Goitre; Gout; Lumbago; Obesity; Rheumatism, Rheumatoid
13. Diseases of Urinary System: Bed-Wetting; Burning Urine; Nephritis;
Prostate Enlargement; Stones in the Urinary Tract; Hematuria
14. Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat: Epistaxis; Glossitis; Hoarseness of
Voice; Pus in the Ear; Pyorrhoea; Sneezing; Stomatitis; Tonsillitis.
15. Diseases of Head: Headache; Migraine
16. Ayurvedic Medicines for Family Planning
Appendices I, II, III