Shipping Note: This item usually arrives at your doorstep in 10-15 days
Author: S P Sharma
Publisher: Mohit Publications
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8174450807
This book begins with the origin of Islam, its spread and introduction in India, the invasions of Ghori and Ghaznavi, the destruction of Hindu Kingdoms, the battles of Tarain, and ends with advent and establishment of supremacy of East India Company. The famous historical characters enter into the book and the author portraits their life and times very effectively.
The characters like Ghori, Ghaznavi, Prithviraj, Jaichand, Qutbuddin Aibak, Altmush, Razia, Balban, Alauddin Khilji, Tughlaq, Sayyads, Lodis, Babar, Rana Sanga, Humayun, Shershah, Akbar, Hemu, Rana Pratap, Jehangir, Noorjahan, Shahjahan, Aurangzeb, Mir Jumla, Shivaji, Guru Govind Singh, Sayyad brothers and Shah Alam plus all major and minor characters find a place in the book.
Besides the famous battles, the then socio-economic situation, architecture etc. have been discussed succinctly by the author. This book should be useful to the students and teachers of medieval Indian history.
1. Rise and Spread of Islam.
2. The Arab invasion of Sindh.
3. The Ghaznavi and the Punjab.
4. Shahab-ud-din Mohammad Ghori.
1. Qutub-ud-din Aibak
2. Aram Shah
4. Razia Begum
5. Bahram and Masud
6. Nasir-ud-din Mahmud
7. Ghias-ud-din Balban
8. The Khilji dynasty
9. The Tughlaq dynasty
10. The Saiyads and Lodi dynasties
11. The Bahmani Kingdom
12. The empire of Vijaynagar
13. The downfall of Delhi Sultanate
14. Administrative system of Delhi Sultanate
15. Social and economic life during Delhi Sultanate
16. Architecture and literature
1. Zahir-ud-din Babur
2. Nasir-ud-din Humayaun
3. Sher Shah Suri and his successors
4. Akbar the great
5. Jahangir and Nurjahan
7. Aurangzeb Alamgir
8. The later Mughals and downfall of the Mughal empire
9. Social, economic and cultural life under the Mughal
1. The Maratha rulers
2. Achievements of the Peshwas
3. The Rise and growth of Sichism.