Shipping Note: This item usually arrives at your doorstep in 10-15 days
Editor(s): S N Tiwari
Publisher: Global Vision Publishing House
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8182200318
The Kadambari is one of the best romantic fictions of 7th Century by Banabhatta. An imaginative romantic story of love, technically in the Katha form, the novel transcends the bounds of mortal existence and moves through three lives till the deep and passionate love finally attains its desired fulfillment.
In this marvelous texture the world of human beings, animals and birds all merge together, as do human, semidivine and divine characters; and the earth and the heavens combine in the universal bond of love and defies death and continue in the next birth, thus holding the entire creation together.
It is these unique qualities of the heart and of faith that distinguishes this classic of Bana from the usual love romances in other languages and bestow on it an universality that no age an dim it.
1. King Shudraka and the Parrot Vaishampayana
2. Vaishampayana, the Parrot, Describes his Childhoo
3. The Story of Vaishampayana in an Earlier Incarnation, narrated by Sage Jabali
4. The Story of Chanrapida and Vaishampayana as Told by Sage Jabali
5. Sage Jabali Continues the Story
6. Sage Jabali Concluded his Narrative
7. The End of the Story