Shipping Note: This item usually arrives at your doorstep in 10-15 days
Author: Kireet Joshi
Publisher: Mira Aditi
ISBN/UPC (if available): 8185137943
Sri Aurobindo has significantly been described as adventure of consciousness. Even in his quest of India’s freedom, during the first decade of the last century, he departed courageously from the orthodox and conservative path of the Moderates and infused in the country a new electric force of Nationalism. He chalked out a new path of Swadeshi, boycott, passive resistance, and national education, -the path that ultimately came to be adopted as the national programme during the subsequent period of the struggle.
He even ventured to search for a spiritual force that could be applied to the political struggle so as to liberate the country from slavery to the British rule and attain freedom in its totality. I his search for this force, he turned to yoga and initiated momentous experiments, as a result of which he arrived at the conclusion that Yoga was itself in need of breaking its boundaries so that whatever power it was capable of delivering to humanity would become irresistible in its impact and in the production of results which would secure, not only for India, but also for the entire earth, unshakeable foundation for a new world of freedom and unity.
This book is an introduction to the study of the philosophy and Yoga of Sri Aurobindo who invites us to collaborate with the effort that is involved in the synthesis of Yoga hat can liberate us from the fetters of dogmas and preconceptions and inspire us to realize the highest and he best not only for ourselves but also for the entire humanity.
1. Sri Aurobindo: his life and work (A brief outline).
2. The mother: her life and work (A brief outline).
3. Philosophy and Yoga of Sri Aurobindo.
4. Vedic knowledge and super mind in the light of Sri Aurobindo.
5. Sri Aurobindo's philosophy of Indian nationalism.
6. Sri Aurobindo's philosophy of nationalism and internationalism.
7. Sri Aurobindo's philosophy of the ideal of human unity.
8. Educational philosophy of Sri Aurobindo.
9. Problem of knowledge and Sri Aurobindo's concept of the super mind.
10. Causality, change and time appendix.
11. Towards applied philosophy.
12. Yoga, religion and morality.
13. Spirituality, science and technology.
14. Yoga, science, religion and philosophy.
15. Yoga and knowledge.
16. Yoga, consciousness and human fulfilment.
17. Bondage, liberation and perfection.
18. Philosophy of Indian pedagogy.
19. Philosophy of spiritual education.
20. Yoga and education.
21. Concept of education in ancient Indian tradition and culture: its contemporary relevance.
22. Philosophy of value-oriented education - I.
23. Philosophy of value-oriented education-II.
24. Philosophy of Indianness.
25. Indian identity and cultural continuity.
26. Indian culture: past, present and future.
27. Philosophy of Indian art.
28. Towards universal fraternity.