Author: Swami Tyagisananda
Foreword/Introduction: Swami Siddhinathananda
Publisher: Sri Ramakrishna Math
ISBN/UPC (if available): 9788178235820
These notes were dicated by Swami Tyagisanandaji and were sleeping in note books for over half a century For any serious student of our scriptures, a clear grasp of the terms of the Vedanta and its epistemology is essential. The notes are lucid and logical
They provide a rational approach to the ultimate goal of human life which transcends reason. He uses reason to expose its limitations.
The Vedanta is the end of all knowledge because it treats about the highest truth by knowing which everything else will be known and after knowing which there is no possibility of a knowledge higher than that.
This book will serve as a reliable guide to the portals of Indian philosophy.
1. Definition of Terms
2. The Vedas & Subsidiary texts
3. Upanishads and Other Scriptures
4. Basis of Upanishad’s Authority
5. Limitations of Pramanas
6. Mutual Relations of Pramanas
7. Faith, the basis of all true knowledge
8. No contradiction between faith and reason
9. Vedanta, the science of Reality
10. Philosophy and Science, Handmaids of Religion