Shipping Note: This item usually arrives at your doorstep in 10-15 days
Author: Andre Van Lysebeth
Publisher: Motilal Banarsidass
ISBN/UPC (if available): 81-208-1759-1
Tantra - The Cult of the Feminine reveals a modern, practical and balanced view of the secret teachings of Tantric yoga. Tantra, known in India for several millennia, brings us a different view of life, the world, and oneself which is at once new and archaic, exotic yet very close to the roots of each of us. Being neither a sect nor a religion, it is a yogic discipline that awakens not only the sacredness and magic of the sexual act, but of life itself.
Van Lysebeth discloses the sexual techniques of Tantra that can be used by Western Couples to enhance relationships and help open the door to a new kind of enlightenment. He also reveals the wisdom of Tantra-the essential belief that our universe is a creation of the physical and spiritual union of the Male and Female principles, manifested at the human plane as love. He shows us how the repression of feminine values in our patriarchal civilization is the esoteric cause of many of the modern world’s crises.
Tantra originates from the pre-Aryan era, and is set against this patriarchal Aryan, oppressive system. Tantra affirms that a true understanding of feminine values can bring about much needed changes in society. Van Lysebeth’s warmth and insight bring modern readers to new dimensions of feeling and understanding.
PART I: THE TANTRIC OUTLOOK
1. Defining Tantra.
2. What is here, is elsewhere. What is not here, is nowhere.
3. Profane time, sacred time.
4. The overmind.
5. An unknown universe: my body.
6. Death is life!
7. Woman: her worship, her mystery. The witches are coming, the witches are coming-back! Tantra, Zohar, and Kabbalah. A cosmic sunbath.
PART II: HUMAN SEXUALITY: THE OTHERVIEW
1. When sex is a problem.
2. Sex education revisited.
3. Our bipolar sexuality.
4. Woman as an erotic champion.
5. Yoni Soit Qui Male Y Pense.
6. The incantatory magic of Mantra.
7. Yantra, a psychic dynamo.
PART III: MYTHS AND SYMBOLS
1. To believe or not to believe in Hindu Gods?
2. Symbols to be experienced.
3. Shiva or the career of a God.
4. Shakti: creative nature.
5. Every woman is a Goddess.
6. The Sinister Path.
PART IV: THE TANTRIC RITUAL
1. The path of the valley.
2. The Maithuna Asanas.
3. Ritualistic Maithuna.
4. The Chakra Puja.
5. The Symbolism of the Five Makaras.
PART V: SEXUAL CONTROL
1. The Male Orgasm.
2. The Erection, its secrets, its problems.
3. The Erection is the Pillar of Tantra.
4. How to control ejaculation.
5. How to strengthen your Yoni.
PART VI: TANTRA FOR OUR WORLD
1. Getting initiated in the West.
2. A ritual for the West.
3. The future of Tantra in the West.
APPENDIX: THE TANTRIC PHILOSOPHY