Shipping Note: This item usually arrives at your doorstep in 10-15 days
Author: Swami Chinmayananda
Publisher: Chinmaya Mission Trust
ISBN/UPC (if available): 9781608270064
From the Book;
In the nineteenth century, swami Vivekananda said, “Buddha has a message for the East. I have a message for the West.”
A Century later with the arrival of Swami Chinmayananda, the world had vastly shrunk; nations were bound together by a vast network of communication systems and airline travel. Pujya Gurudev decided to take his message to the East, the West, and all around the Globe.
The Ways of Mahatmas are mysterious. Why Gurudev chose to embark on this great Vedantic adventure may best be described in his message to Chinmaya Mission on the eve of his global tour in March 1965.
I Cannot explain. It is a deep Silence. IT orders, and I obey. In 1943, IT took me to the fee of my Teacher, Swami Tapovanam in Uttarkashi on the banks of the Bhagirathi. In 1951, again IT beckoned me to the plains, and, till today, I am roaming about in the country singing the Message of the Upanisads and the Gita. I cannot explain. There IT is.
The inauguration of the Mission work in 1954, the idea of the college in 1957, the publication of various books from time-to-time, year-by-year, the starting of Devi groups and Balvihar, the actual opening of the Sandeepany Sadhanalaya, the creation of Central Chinmaya Mission Trust, and now the departure for the global tour – all these had happened one after the other, obeying the commands that rose from an apparent Silence within.
How far these have been helping our country and the community is not a thing to be evaluated at this moment because it needs time, and I am too busy with the work to count the profits or estimate the results. From the standpoint of the materialist, this is the wrong way of doing “business”; it will be considered as haphazard, disorganized, chance-driven activity.
But, I believe that the call was true, and I have an immense measure of fulfillment at what I am now doing in answer to this call.
With a heart full of love for all mankind, we take this pilgrimage to see Him in all and to show to all Him who is in everyone.
The World is waiting for an inward explosion to reach a more significant level of consciousness. If this tour can contribute even a wee bit towards this “awakening,” it should be considered as a mighty success.
Part One – Born in the Land of Saints
1. The Stage is Set
2. Of Havens and Heritage
3. Infamous Adventures and the Non-Negotiability of the Lord
4. The University of Direct Experience
Part Two – The Turning of a Dream
5. Struggle and Strife
6. The Earnest Mr. “Mochi”
7. A Saint for All Seasons
8. The Glory of the Himalayas
Part Three – Life on the Renaissance Road
9. Operation Faquiristan
10. Let Us Be Hindus – The Jnana Yagnas Begin
11. Everything Coming Out “Young” & Wise – The Birth of Chinmaya Mission
12. The Indisputable Good Sense of Package ! Print ! Publish!
13. The Making of 100 Vivekanandas
14. Mission and Vision
Part Four – Beyond Borders – Within and Without
15. The World is not Enough
16. A Possession Lost is Paradise Found
17. Perfection is in Higher Ideals – The Chinmaya Vision Program
18. The Elusive Ego Strikes a Cord
Part Five – Twilight Triumph
19. It’s Only my Heart !
20. Adi Sankara Nilayam and Footprints on the Mark
21. Life to Legacy
22. ‘Tis to Glory we Steer
1. Jnana Yagnas, Spiritual Camps
2. Study, Devi Groups
4. Chinmaya Yuva Kendra
5. Vanaprastha Sansthan, Pitamaha Sadans
6. Books and Publications
7. Sandeepany Sadhanalaya
9. Temples, Shrines
10. Chinmaya Vision Program, Chinmaya Vidyalayas
11. Chinmaya International Residential School
12. Chinmaya Institute of Management
13. Chinmaya Organization for Rural Development
14. Chinmaya Mission Hospital and Nursing Institute
15. Chinmaya International Foundation
16. Chinmaya Vibhooti
17. Chinmaya Naada Bindu
Patrons and Contributors
Transliteration and Pronunciation Guide
Map of Chinmaya Mission Centers, Ashrams