Author: Pandit Tarun Bhattacharya
Shiv Kumar Sharma/Pandit Ronu Majumdar
Contributor(s)/Artiste(s): Pandit Bikram Ghosh/Deep Chandi/Dr Fadnavis/at al.
ISBN/UPC (if available): 060252751040
Baiju is talented Sitarist based in Chennai. Born and brought up in the Tamilnadu. He belongs to a family from Uttar Pradesh. He had musical training under Ustad Mahammed Khan of the Ltawah Gharana H.R. Ramamurhty is a prominent Tabla and Tabla Tarang player based in Chennai.
Concept by – Vamanan
Meditation music heals the body, mind and soul and induces tranquillity. The gentle melodies of Indian ragas soothe the nerves, calm the thoughts and establish harmony in the body.
Instruments like the sitar and tabla, known for many centuries for their mellifluous, comforting and lyrical tone are harnessed effectively in this album to creat an ambience of contemplation and peace.
The noise of the modern enviornment is left far behind and we enter into a world of delicate feeling, spiritual quest and divine ecstasy.
The gracious cadences of the sitar, the engaging rhythms of the tabla and the wonderful soundscapes of raga colour are presented in a mood of contemplation and invoke a world of beauty, harmony and divinity. This meditational music enlivens and energises us and provides inspiration and inner magnetism.
This album of 3 CDs following tracks:
1. Surrender to Meditation
2. Divinity in Nature
3. A New Start
4. Relax to Realize
5. Wakening Inner Consciousness
6. Your Body is your Temple
7. Rhythm of Meditation
8. Light of Joy
9. Believe in your Self
10. Inner Music
11. Sacred Connection
13. Power of Meditation
Music – Aadithyan Titus, Produced by Super Audio (Madras)
1. Bliss – Santoor: Pandit Tarun Bhattacharya Tabla – Pandit Bikram Ghosh
2. Tranquillity – Santoor: PAndit Tarun Bhattacharya Tabla- Pandit Bikram Ghosh
3. Dhun : Mishra Mand – Santoor: Pandit Shivkumar Sharma. In Taal Deep Chandi. Tabla: Anindo Chatterjee. Tanpura: Dr. Fadnavis
4. Raga Hansadhwani – Pandit Shivkumar Sharma (Santoor) Santoor: Pandit Shivkumar Sharma, Alaap (6.49) Gat in Sitarkhani Taal & Teen Taal, Tabla: Anindo Chatterjee, Tanpura: Dr. Fadnavis
5. Banarasi Kajri Based on Khamaj – Taal Darda, Flute: Pandit Ronu Majumdar
6. Mahatma – Vaishnav Janatho… Raag Khamaj, Taal: Teentaal, Western 2/4 Beats, Mohan Veena: Padmashri Vishwa Mohan Bhatta, Nadaswaram: Kalaimamani M.K.S. Siva, Tabla: Vikram Ghosh, Drums/percussions: A Sivamani, Anoor Anathakrishan Sharma
1. The Awakening – In the First track Raag Marwa is played, Vilambit aalaap is followed by Madhyalaya, in Teen Taal (Sisteen Beats)
2. Surrender to the Supreme – In the second track, Raag Bhairavi is played, Bhairavi is an ancient Raaga and in the fact is called the Adi Raaga (The Primeval Raga). It is said to have emanated from the central head of Shiva. Aalaap is followed by Dhun in Dadra Taal (Six Beats)
3. Bliss of Divine Union – In the third track Raag Darbari Kaanada (Performed by the legendary Mia Tansen in the Court of Akbar) is Played. Aalaap followed by Bhajan in Taal Keharwa (Eight Beats)